Xhorse vvdi,vvdi2 key programmer
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

GM scan tool: MDI or Tech 2? original or clone?

向下

GM scan tool: MDI or Tech 2? original or clone? Empty GM scan tool: MDI or Tech 2? original or clone?

帖子 由 Admin 周二 十一月 14, 2017 10:02 am

Looking for a GM MDI Inte***ce http://www.chinacardiags.com/wholesale/gm-mdi-multiple-diagnostic-inte***ce-with-wifi-22527.htmlor Tech 2 scanner http://www.chinacardiags.com/wholesale/tech2-diagnostic-scanner-for-gm-saab-opel-suzuki-isuzu-holden-with-full-package.html and don’t know which one (original or clone) should you take?

Here you go.

Part 1: GM MDI or Tech 2

Part 2: Tech 2 original or clone?

- How to find the original or fake.

- worth to have a Tech 2 China clone?

Part 3: GM MDI genuine or fake?

- what’s the difference of MDI genuine & clone?

- GM MDI china clone any good?

Part 1: GM MDI or Tech 2

Tech 2 scan tool has become obsolete for shop use as of late. It still has a lot of capability and will do anything you need for the older platforms but it needs the CANdi module to work with any of the new stuff. The MDI is a 1 shot deal for all the newer PCMs and will still work on the older stuff too. I sold my Tech 2 and bought an MDI last year, haven't missed the Tech 2 since. Then again I've got a Genysis scanner I use for all my typical diagnostics & probing.

However, the MDI requires a GM log-in with monthly access to GM's website. That's it's only draw back for the enthusiast who wants a GM caliber scanner. The Tech 2 can be updated within itself and doesn't require the internet, the MDI does.

If you're running a shop, get an MDI. For the garage warrior or enthusiast, get a Tech 2. Just don't fall for these $350 pieces of garbage.

You can say that, Tech2win is a pain the the butt. It never updates security correctly for the 30 day window and that using GM computers and login info. The tech 2 is great for code reading, viewing data. The MDI is pretty much only used for programming but its needs on certain 10+ platforms and all 15+ to view data through GDS. All MDI functions require a GM subscription.

Part 2: Tech 2 original or clone?

First, How to find the original or fake.

It is very simple. The first thing I look, it's the memory card slot, open it up and look at the cover, if you see the stamp of the body exactly original. Next, the original at all wires and Candy use aluminum. As different numbers on the back cover, the photo you will see the difference. Sometimes it comes and all labels need to glue yourself.

Second, worth to have a Tech 2 China clone?

In short, that is a nice piece of equipment to have, very nice!

Aside from working beautifully with OBD2, the tech2 is the scanner for GM OBD1 to use. with the right software (plug in chips like nintendo cartridges) it’ll do some daewoo/suzuki, GM medium duty (meaning bigger than 3500 using non automotive OBD2 standards), and other in the GMdistant family tree too.

In addition to generic codes (P0000-P0999) It’ll do all the proprietary GM codes (P1***), actuators, and systems. you can also view fuel trims, emissions readyness (beyond a green LED for all OK) and It’ll talk to ALL the modules rather than just the ECM (and if you get into the $250+scanners, ABS) like BCM, SIR, entertainment, EVERYTHING on a GM. At school I used one with a 91+ cartridge on my 87 S10, so going back further is hit or miss but posible.

To adjust shift points and fuel consumptiona and Speedo, forget it.

The TECH2 can’t do any sort of modding/tuning, only upload GM flashes. At least with legitimate software. I’m sure someone has custom software to do it but there are easier ways nowadays.

Is it worth if you just want to read/clear codes on your own car once in a while, heck no. If you’re doing a lot of work on GMs or want to get a lot more in depth with your car, it’s worth the money.

No comment on China knockoff quality, I mean a working tech2, Chinese made or not.

Tech 2 scan tools are verified working:

Item NO. Package Weight(kg) 32MB Card CANDI TIS2000 USB Key Hot Selling
SP23 Plastic Case 5.1 Yes Yes YES ★★★★★
SP23-1 Carton Box 3.5 Yes Yes yes ★★★★★
SP23-B Plastic Case 4.8 Yes Yes yes ★★★★★
SP23-B3 Carton Box 3.2 Yes Yes yes ★★★★★
SP23-C Plastic Case 8.9 Yes Yes yes ★★★
SP23-D Plastic Case 8.9 Yes Yes yes ★★★
SP23-D1 Plastic Case 8.9 yes yes yes just add 1*sp23-v vci module
All of GM Tech2 are same functions,they are just from different factory.
SP23,SP23-1 the same,just the package case is different,one is with plastic case,one not.
SP23-B,SP23-B3 the same factory,the packing is different,one is with plastic case,one not.
Reviews talk a lot. Use with relief.

Part 3: GM MDI genuine or fake?

First, what’s the difference?

This is a chart of GM Multiple diagnostic inte***ce comparison: GM MDI 1 vs. GM MDI 2 kit.

Product GM MDI  GM MDI 2 
Photo

Price $200 or so   (HQ clone) $1200 or so   (genuine)
WiFi
Yes

Gm mdi clones have USB & WIFI versions

Yes
Running speed Fast Faster
Update YES YES
Operation system Windows 7 64bit Unknown
Software
Global TIS

GDS2

Tech 2 Win

Global TIS

GDS2

Tech 2 Win

OBDII Diagnostics Yes Yes
ECU Programming Yes Yes
Key Programming Yes Yes
Pass-Thru Programming Yes Yes
Vehicle
Vauxhall Opel, Buick, Chevrolet

1996-2017

Vauxhall Opel, Buick, Chevrolet

1996-2017-future

Therefore, it’s easy to find that the GM MDI 2 multiple diagnostic inte***ce only improves in hardware design and running speed.

But the price ($12000) of MDI 2 is 4 or 6 times as MDI 1 ($150-$300).

So, no matter it’s used for DIY fun or professional repair work, a GM MDI clone of high quality is definitely no issues. Note that there are different versions of GM MDI china clone; and the quality may vary coz they are produced in different factory, especially PCB design. And it would result in various prices. But you will get what you pay for.

Second, GM MDI china clone any good?

GM MDI China clone Working well. Tested with GDS2 v.12.

Device works with GDS2 (Opel).
Device works with Tech2Win. (Opel, Hammer)
Device not works with SAAB via Tech2Win.

Price: USD259 + shipping cost(based on your country)

Pay via Paypal

Upload photos

The MDI came ready to use with the software installed. It worked since I already had Tech2Win, GDS2 and GM MDI Manager installed on my laptop. It works extremely well and I have no problems with it. The product image at the time I order showed the cable keeper, A/C 12 volt adapter and multiple diagnostic inte***ce user’s guide CD which is used to install the MDI manager software on your laptop. These items were not included. It also said it was Wifi but did not come with a wireless card but with a wireless inte***ce instead. There are two versions of GM MDI inte***ce on China market, cheaper MDI less than US$180 with only USB connection and the other more expensive with wifi wireless connection.

The product would work excellent if you had the MDI manager software already on your laptop.

My device tested with many cars for 4 months.
Device works with GDS2 (Opel).
Device works with Tech2Win. (Opel, Hammer)

Device not works with SAAB via Tech2Win.

Tested by my own, works with Saab 9-5, 2003, 3.0
It works with tis2000 and tech2win NAO.

My MDI clone works fine with tech2win and also TIS2000 software. Used it for diags and pcm flashing with no problem (through usb port only, cause wifi is unstable for programming functions).

Added a wireless card to that one too, same flawless performance.. Only issue for me is that they all have the same serial number.. So using 2 of them in the same shop with wireless would be impossible..

compared boards from a genuine to this clone, almost identical.. multiple layer pcbs, same tracers, didn’t see any difference except the board labeling was missing on the clone.
Wifi GM  mdi good, inte***ce works online. update mdi 100%. offline not that good  for new cars.

Nissan Consult III Plus Ver.46.30 works on MDI inte***ce as well (this is not tested by me, your are on your risk).

Admin
Admin

帖子数 : 294
注册日期 : 17-03-28

http://xhorsevvdi.666forum.com

返回页首 向下

返回页首

您在这个论坛的权限:
不能在这个论坛回复主题